Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Good day!

After a long and hard battle with camera controls in the visualization of our 3D map of Malta, I have finally got them working. My version of Malta is still looking a little orange, but at least I can see how orange it is from all angles.

On another high note, we had the unique privilege of exploring a cave near St. George's bay. This is the one site I was looking forward to the most prior to the trip. I actually had a great conversation about this with a girl on the plane to San Francisco (and in the off-chance that you're actually reading this, Katie, I'd like to get in touch :).

The cave definitely did not disappoint. As we descended into it I was hit both by surprising warmth and overwhelming darkness. My small flashlight did little to illuminate our way and we almost ended up walking straight into the crystalline water because of how hard it was to tell where the dry ground ended. Once we got the ROV in the water and turned on we got a beautiful view of the rocky underwater. There were a lot of technical issues so data collection was at a minimum, but the trip was well worth it and I can't wait to go back on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Locations of Site Visitors